• DSP citizenship is full Vanuatu citizenship, not some other class such as “economic citizenship”.
• But holders of dual nationality are subject to certain restrictions (see below).
• The successful application covers the whole family, including the spouse and 2 children under 18.
• For an additional fee, the “family” can also include additional dependants regardless of age.
• Residency not required after citizenship has been acquired.
• No restrictions on education, background, language, age or business.
• No taxation except on land, share transfers, VAT on business done locally and import duties on goods imported for local business.
• Vanuatu passport is ranked 37 in the world.
• Visa-free/visa-on-arrival to 128 countries.
Restrictions on Dual Nationals
Holders of dual nationality in Vanuatu may not engage in any of the following activities which would forfeit their citizenship:
• Hold or serve in any public office or armed forces.
• Be involved in Vanuatu politics.
• Fund activities that would cause political instability in Vanuatu.
• Affiliate with or form any political parties in Vanuatu.
• Stand as a candidate or vote at any of the following elections:
• General election for members to Parliament.
• Provincial election for members to a Provicial Government Council.
• Municipal election for members to a Municipal Council.